How it worksAbout usHelp centre

Taxing your vehicle during COVID-19

article image

I need to tax my car but can’t as the MOT expired while I’ve been self-isolating – what do I do?

Our understanding is that the DVLA is currently updating systems to allow vehicles to be taxed, even if the MOT is expired and subject to the 6 months extension that was announced on 25th March 2020. An alternative will be to register your vehicle as “off the road” (SORN).  For more information on how declare your vehicle as SORN, read our article here.