What can I do to improve my credit score?
Oodle’s top five things you can do to improve your credit score are:
- Register on the electoral roll. If your names not on there, you’ll find it much harder to get credit.
- Pay your bills on time. This proves to lenders you’re capable of managing your finances.
- Keep your credit card low. Try and keep your credit utilisation at 25% or lower.
- Check if you’re linked to another person. Even if they’re your loved one, if their credit rating is low and you have a joint account it could affect your personal rating.
• Clear any existing debt. Lenders are less likely to lend to you if you already have a lot of existing debt.